One of my favourite simple new HTC One (M8) features is called “Motion Launch,” and it is made possible by HTC’s new sensors. This feature allows the user to pick up his or her phone with the display off and perform one of several tap, swipe or motion gestures to perform specific commands.
Picking up the phone in portrait orientation and tapping twice on the display will turn the screen on.
The Six Gorgeous features introduced:
- Swiping from left to right will turn the screen on and go open BlinkFeed.
- Swiping from right to left will open the main home screen.
- Swiping from the bottom up will open whatever screen the phone was on when it went to sleep.
- Swiping the top down will open voice dialing.
- Picking up the phone in landscape orientation and pressing the volume button will open the camera app.
- Picking up the phone while it’s ringing and putting it to the side of your head will answer the call.
After you set up the phone for the first time, tips pop up periodically to teach you various supported gestures.