After a long period of beta testing, we finally arrived at iOS 16.1, the first major update to iOS 16. There are many bugs that result, as many new features are introduced.
Apple has just released iOS 16.1, the official version that can be installed on all iPhones, without having to be part of the beta testers.
Many new features are included in iOS 16.1 and many bugs have been fixed, so the update is recommended for all users.
Photo library shared on iCloud
- A separate library allows you to easily share photos and videos with up to five other people.
- When you create or join a library, the setup rules allow you to easily add existing photos based on the date or subjects included.
- Filter your library to quickly switch between shared and personal, or view both simultaneously.
- Sharing changes and permissions allows anyone to upload, edit and delete photos, add them to favourites, and insert a caption.
- Choose with a tap whether to send photos taken with the camera directly to the shared library, or enable the setting to automatically share them when other participants are detected nearby via Bluetooth.
- Third-party app real-time activities are available on Dynamic Island and on the lock screen for iPhone 14 Pro models.
- Apple Fitness + is supported on iPhone even without Apple Watch.
- You can securely share car keys, hotel room keys, and more in Wallet using messaging apps like Messages and WhatsApp.
- Compatibility with Matter, the new connectivity standard for smart home automation, allows a wide range of accessories from different ecosystems to work in harmony.
- The reading controls are automatically hidden when you start reading.
This update also includes iPhone bug fixes:
- Deleted conversations could appear in the Messages conversation list.
- Dynamic Island content was not available while using “Accessibility”.
- Connection with CarPlay could fail while using a VPN app.
How to update to iOS 16.1
To update to iOS 16.1 you can proceed in two ways: the first is the simplest one, over-the-air. Just open the Settings app> General> Software Update and let your smartphone do it all. The second is through the use of a computer, with iTunes or directly from the Finder. You have to connect the smartphone to the computer with the cable and then proceed with the update. To this end, it may be worthwhile to download the firmware on your computer in advance, speeding up the operation. Below you will find all the downloads.