It’s time to upgrade for old devices too!
No, you have not read wrong. IOS 12.5.5 has just been released, a very important security update according to Apple, which can be installed on all those devices that do not support iOS 13, iOS 14 and iOS 15.
The list of devices is rather small and can be found below. As usual, you can proceed either via OTA, directly from Settings> General> Software update or by downloading the firmware to your computer and then using iTunes or the Finder to update.
Supported Devices and Download Link:
- iPhone 5s (GSM / LTE) (iPhone6,1) – Download
- iPhone 5s (CDMA / LTE) (iPhone6,2) – Download
- iPhone 6 Plus (iPhone7,1) – Download
- iPhone 6 (iPhone7,2) – Download
- iPod touch 6G (iPod7,1) – Download
- iPad Air (Wi-Fi) (iPad4,1) – Download
- iPad Air (Cellular) (iPad4,2) – Download
- iPad mini 2 (Wi-Fi) (iPad4,4) – Download
- iPad mini 2 (Cellular) (iPad4,5) – Download
- iPad mini 3 (Wi-Fi) (iPad4,7) – Download
- iPad mini 3 (Cellular) (iPad4,8) – Download