After months of waiting, Apple has finished the beta testing of iOS 14.7 which can now be installed on all iPhones as an OTA update.
After months of beta testing, Apple has just released iOS 14.7 in the final version, which can be installed by everyone on both iPhone and iPad.
iOS 14.7 includes support for the MagSafe external battery introduced a few days ago by Apple and also other troubleshooting on the iPhone.
Complete list of news:
- MagSafe external battery support for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- Added the ability to manage HomePod timers from the Home app.
- Air quality information is now available in Weather and Maps for Canada, France, Italy, the Netherlands, South Korea and Spain.
- The Podcast Library allows you to choose whether to view all podcasts or only those you follow.
- Option for sharing playlists missing in Apple Music.
- Playback of Apple Music’s Dolby Atmos and Lossless format audio could stop unexpectedly.
- The battery service message that may have disappeared after restarting on some iPhone 11 models has been reset.
- Braille displays could show invalid information when composing messages in Mail.
How to update
The update is free to download and is available over-the-air on all eligible devices in the Settings app. To access the new software just go to Settings> General> Software Update.
If for any reason you cannot access the Settings or the WiFi network, then download the firmware manually to your computer from the following links:
- iPhone 6s (iPhone8,1) – Download
- iPhone 6s Plus (iPhone8,2) – Download
- iPhone SE (iPhone8,4) – Download
- iPhone 7 (CDMA / GSM / LTE) (iPhone9,1) – Download
- iPhone 7 Plus (CDMA / GSM / LTE) (iPhone9,2) – Download
- iPhone 7 (GSM / LTE) (iPhone9,3) – Download
- iPhone 7 Plus (GSM / LTE) (iPhone9,4) – Download
- iPhone 8 (CDMA / GSM / LTE) (iPhone10,1) – Download
- iPhone 8 Plus (CDMA / GSM / LTE) (iPhone10,2) – Download
- iPhone X (CDMA / GSM / LTE) (iPhone10,3) – Download
- iPhone 8 (GSM / LTE) (iPhone10,4) – Download
- iPhone 8 Plus (GSM / LTE) (iPhone10,5) – Download
- iPhone X (GSM / LTE) (iPhone10,6) – Download
- iPhone XS (iPhone11,2) – Download
- iPhone XS Max (iPhone11,4) – Download
- iPhone XS Max (China) (iPhone11,6) – Download
- iPhone XR (iPhone11,8) – Download
- iPhone 11 (iPhone12,1) – Download
- iPhone 11 Pro (iPhone12,3) – Download
- iPhone 11 Pro Max (iPhone12,5) – Download
- iPhone12.8 (iPhone12.8) – Download
- iPhone13,1 (iPhone13,1) – Download
- iPhone13,2 (iPhone13,2) – Download
- iPhone13,3 (iPhone13,3) – Download
- iPhone13,4 (iPhone13,4) – Download
- iPod touch 7G (iPod9,1) – Download