The Apple Watch also gets its eagerly awaited update which, among other things, supports unlocking the iPhone when wearing the bezel
After releasing the iOS 14.5 and iPadOS 14.5 update, Apple has also churned out watchOS 7.4 which includes several interesting new features.
This is an essential update if you want to use the novelty of automatic unlocking when wearing the mask.
All the news of watchOS 7.4
watchOS 7.4 includes new features, improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Ability to unlock iPhone X and later with Apple Watch when you try to use Face ID while wearing a face mask.
- Option to classify the type of Bluetooth device in Settings for proper identification of the headphones for audio notifications.
- Ability to stream Apple Fitness + workout audio and video content to AirPlay 2 compatible TVs and devices.
- ECG app support on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Australia and Vietnam.
- Support for Irregular Heart Rhythm Notifications in Australia and Vietnam.
How to update the Apple Watch
To update the Apple Watch you need to charge it and it is necessary that the device has at least 50% of remaining charge, then start the Watch application on your iPhone, go to Settings> Software update and you will find watchOS 7.4 ready to be downloaded and installed.
On TVOS it was added support to the controllers of the PlayStation and Xbox 5 Series X / S as well as the advertising tracking app. Last but not least, the ability to balance the color of the TV using the sensors of your iPhone. We will talk about this in a separate article!