Finally, the new firmware has been released that activates many welcome features such as unlocking via Apple Watch and support for AirTag as well as many other things. You can download it from here, along with the list of all the news
Finally after an exhausting wait, iOS 14.5 has been officially released for all devices in the final version. From now on you can update your iPhones, especially if you intend to use them with AirTag.
There are many new features in this firmware version so many good reasons to upgrade right away. Let’s see what changes compared to version 14.4:
iOS 14.5 includes the option to unlock iPhone with Apple Watch when wearing a face mask, adds support for AirTags, lets you choose different skin tones for emojis representing pairs, and lets you control which apps can track your activity. on other companies’ apps and websites.
All the News of iOS 14.5
Unlock via Apple Watch
When we wear the mask, of course the Face ID will not be able to recognize us but with iOS 14.5 if we also wear an Apple Watch, then it will be the watch that unlocks the screen automatically. A message will appear on the wearable display and after less than a second the iPhone will be accessible. If, on the other hand, you are not wearing the mask, unlocking will take place regularly via Face ID.
- A new tool to recalibrate the battery has been added to all iPhone 11s.
AirTag and the Where’s Network
- Added support for AirTag which allows you to keep track of all the most important objects such as keys, wallets, backpacks and more, in a private and secure way through the Where is application
- “Precise Search” feature that allows users to view on the screen and listen to audio and haptic feedback as they move in the direction of an AirTag using the power of Ultra Wideband made possible by the U1 chip present on iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 .
- Possibility to locate the AirTags through a sound to be reproduced in the integrated speaker
- The Where’s Network will allow hundreds of millions of devices to help you find your AirTag, even when it’s not near you
- Lost mode will send you a notification when your AirTag is found and you can enter your phone number to be contacted by the person who finds it
- Added support for 200 new emojis that include different skin colors of some existing emojis and some variations of kissing couple, heart, bearded lady and so on have also been added.
- Siri now includes new voices for several languages
- Improve Siri also in Italian: the voice is more human and less robotic
- Incoming calls can be announced by Siri when wearing AirPods or compatible Beats headphones and you can answer these calls by saying only “Answer” instead of the classic phrase “Hey Siri answer the call”, all without hands.
- Now you can ask Siri to initiate group FaceTime calls simply by saying the name of the contacts or the name of a group created in iMessage
- It is now possible to call the emergency contact with Siri
- iOS 14.5 enables the App Tracking Transparency (ATT) that is a popup that will appear at the first start of each application to decide whether to allow that app to show customized advertising banners or not
- It is now possible to share song lyrics through Messages, Facebook and Instagram Stories. Apple Music subscribers will be able to play the song from that portion of text directly from iMessage, without leaving the conversation.
- The new Shocase City Carts show the most popular songs in 100 cities around the world
Scribble in Italian
This news concerns iPadOS 14.5 and finally the Italian support for Scribble arrives. For those unfamiliar with it, this is a feature that allows you to write freehand text with Apple Pencil which is automatically converted to digital text within each section of iOS, search, safari URL and any other part. Scribble brings support to:
- Smart Selection : You can select a single handwritten word, or entire sentences, using the gestures you use to work with the typed text. With a double tap you select a word, while with a triple tap you select a phrase;
- Data detectors : on-device learning technologies recognize addresses, telephone numbers, emails and other data allowing you to perform actions on handwritten notes;
- Copy and paste as text : just select the handwritten notes, choose “Copy as text”, and by pasting them they will be converted into typed text;
- Search in handwritten notes : You can search handwritten text in Notes.
Also, for the uninitiated, handwritten words are automatically converted into typed text thanks to Scribble:
- Automatic conversion : in any text field, handwriting is automatically converted into typed text;
- Handwriting in any text field : You can use Apple Pencil to handwrite directly into a text field and the words will be converted into typed text;
- Erase with a stroke : new gestures allow you to write and make changes in an even more natural way. To delete a word or a space, just pass over it;
- Select with a circle : When you want to select a word and then copy or move it, just circle it with Apple Pencil.
- Several sections have been redesigned
- New option to save downloaded episodes and automatically add them to the library for faster access
- The behavior of downloads and notifications is now perfectly adjustable from the settings of each individual show
- Top Charts displays the most popular podcasts in each category and helps you find new shows to follow
Improvements to 5G
- Now 5G is also supported by the virtual eSIM integrated inside the smartphone, of course it applies to the iPhone 12.
- Smart Data Mode, which automatically understands when to use 5G and when to avoid it, is now even more efficient and will save you more battery.
- 5G international roaming enabled with supported operators
- The News + tab has been redesigned: now news is more easily accessible, downloadable and manageable.
- Added a new search experience within the app
- Accidents, dangers, speed limits can be reported by Siri directly on iPhone or CarPlay
- Added estimated time of arrival (ETA) even when we walk or cycle (as well as when we are by car). From now on we will be able to share this data with our friends even if we use another vehicle or simply walk on foot.
- It is now possible to rearrange the to-do list in the Reminders app based on the title, priority, creation date or date of the event
- Added option to add bulleted list to reminders
- It is now possible to establish the speed of reproduction of a translation simply by pressing the Play button
- iOS 14.5 now supports new controllers: Xbox Series X | S Wireless and Sony PS5 DualSense ™ Wireless
- Here too the ETA has been added in Apple Maps which can be shared using Siri and our voice with some contacts
Several bugs have also been fixed in this version such as:
- Messages at the end of a conversation could be hidden from the keyboard in some circumstances.
- Deleted messages could still appear in spotlight searches
- In some conversations the messages could not be sent which resulted in a perennial problem in sending
- The mail app did not display new emails to some users until they restarted their smartphone
- Reminders created with Siri sounded 1 hour earlier
- The power on logo on iPad is now shown depending on the orientation of the device
Download and Update OTA:
iOS 14.5 can be updated directly from Settings> General> Software Update. The firmware will be downloaded directly to the device and subsequently installed.
If necessary, below you will also find the complete firmware, ready for download on your computer, which you will then have to install with iTunes or directly via the Finder on your iPhone or iPad.
- iPhone 6s (iPhone8,1) – Download
- iPhone 6s Plus (iPhone8,2) – Download
- iPhone SE (iPhone8,4) – Download
- iPhone 7 (CDMA / GSM / LTE) (iPhone9,1) – Download
- iPhone 7 Plus (CDMA / GSM / LTE) (iPhone9,2) – Download
- iPhone 7 (GSM / LTE) (iPhone9,3) – Download
- iPhone 7 Plus (GSM / LTE) (iPhone9,4) – Download
- iPhone 8 (CDMA / GSM / LTE) (iPhone10,1) – Download
- iPhone 8 Plus (CDMA / GSM / LTE) (iPhone10,2) – Download
- iPhone X (CDMA / GSM / LTE) (iPhone10,3) – Download
- iPhone 8 (GSM / LTE) (iPhone10,4) – Download
- iPhone 8 Plus (GSM / LTE) (iPhone10,5) – Download
- iPhone X (GSM / LTE) (iPhone10,6) – Download
- iPhone XS (iPhone11,2) – Download
- iPhone XS Max (iPhone11,4) – Download
- iPhone XS Max (China) (iPhone11,6) – Download
- iPhone XR (iPhone11,8) – Download
- iPhone 11 (iPhone12,1) – Download
- iPhone 11 Pro (iPhone12,3) – Download
- iPhone 11 Pro Max (iPhone12,5) – Download
- iPhone12.8 (iPhone12.8) – Download
- iPhone13,1 (iPhone13,1) – Download
- iPhone13,2 (iPhone13,2) – Download
- iPhone13,3 (iPhone13,3) – Download
- iPhone13,4 (iPhone13,4) – Download
- iPod touch 7G (iPod9,1) – Download
- iPad mini 4 (Wi-Fi) (iPad5,1) – Download
- iPad mini 4 (Cellular) (iPad5,2) – Download
- iPad Air 2 (Wi-Fi) (iPad5,3) – Download
- iPad Air 2 (Cellular) (iPad5,4) – Download
- iPad Pro (9.7 ”, Wi-Fi) (iPad6,3) – Download
- iPad Pro (9.7 ”, Cellular) (iPad6,4) – Download
- iPad Pro (Wi-Fi) (iPad6,7) – Download
- iPad Pro (Cellular) (iPad6,8) – Download
- iPad 5 (Wi-Fi) (iPad6,11) – Download
- iPad 5 (Cellular) (iPad6,12) – Download
- iPad Pro 2 (12.9 ”, Wi-Fi) (iPad7,1) – Download
- iPad Pro 2 (12.9 ”, Cellular) (iPad7,2) – Download
- iPad Pro (10.5 ”, Wi-Fi) (iPad7,3) – Download
- iPad Pro (10.5 ”, Cellular) (iPad7,4) – Download
- iPad 6 (Wi-Fi) (iPad7.5) – Download
- iPad 6 (Cellular) (iPad7,6) – Download
- iPad 7 (Wi-Fi) (iPad7,11) – Download
- iPad 7 (Cellular) (iPad7,12) – Download
- iPad Pro 3 (11 ”, Wi-Fi) (iPad8,1) – Download
- iPad Pro 3 (11 ”, Wi-Fi, 1 TB) (iPad8,2) – Download
- iPad Pro 3 (11 ”, Cellular) (iPad8,3) – Download
- iPad Pro 3 (11 ”, Cellular, 1 TB) (iPad8,4) – Download
- iPad Pro 3 (12.9 ”, Wi-Fi) (iPad8,5) – Download
- iPad Pro 3 (12.9 ”, Wi-Fi, 1 TB) (iPad8,6) – Download
- iPad Pro 3 (12.9 ”, Cellular) (iPad8,7) – Download
- iPad Pro 3 (12.9 ”, Cellular, 1 TB) (iPad8,8) – Download
- iPad8,9 (iPad8,9) – Download
- iPad8,10 (iPad8,10) – Download
- iPad8.11 (iPad8.11) – Download
- iPad8.12 (iPad8.12) – Download
- iPad mini 5 (Wi-Fi) (iPad11,1) – Download
- iPad mini 5 (Cellular) (iPad11,2) – Download
- iPad Air 3 (Wi-Fi) (iPad11,3) – Download
- iPad Air 3 (Cellular) (iPad11,4) – Download
- iPad11,6 (iPad11,6) – Download
- iPad11.7 (iPad11.7) – Download
- iPad13.1 (iPad13.1) – Download
- iPad13,2 (iPad13,2) – Download
- iPad13,4 (iPad13,4) – Download
- iPad13.5 (iPad13.5) – Download
- iPad13,6 (iPad13,6) – Download
- iPad13.7 (iPad13.7) – Download
- iPad13.8 (iPad13.8) – Download
- iPad13.9 (iPad13.9) – Download
- iPad13,10 (iPad13,10) – Download
- iPad13.11 (iPad13.11) – Download