‘’Today we are launching a Messenger app for MacOS and Windows to allow you to chat on your computer and stay in touch with friends and family around the world.”
Facebook has launched the Messenger app for macOS and Windows, which allows users to chat with friends and family from their computer.
Today we are launching the new Messenger app for Windows and macOS so that you can chat on video from your computer and stay connected with friends and family from all over the world.
The Messenger app connects directly to our Facebook account, so you can chat with existing friends without needing an email address or phone number.
Now more than ever, people use technology to stay in touch with the people they care about, even if they are physically separate. Over the past month, we’ve seen an increase of over 100% of people using the desktop browser for audio and video calls on Messenger. Now with apps for MacOS and Windows, the best of Messenger comes to the desktop, including unlimited and free group video calls.
Here are all the features of the new app:
- Group video calls on a larger screen : Stay in touch with family and friends, participate in a workout or organize a virtual happy hour.
- Easy to connect : You don’t need to know someone’s email or phone number since all your Facebook friends have Messenger.
- Multitasking : Your chats are easily accessible and you can log in and out of the app while doing other things on your computer.
- Notifications : You can receive notifications for new messages, so you can quickly find the chat you are looking for. But you have control: you can choose to mute the audio and postpone notifications.
- L and chat synchronize to mobile devices and desktops : You’ll never miss a call or message, regardless of the device you are using.
- Everything you love about Messenger on a bigger screen : Includes support for Dark Mode and GIF.
Messenger is also available for free on the Microsoft Store.