Today Apple has announced iPhone 11 , full of innovations that make the smartphone more loved in the world even more powerful and that improve the most used functions every day. iPhone 11 features a dual camera system , easy to use, with the highest video quality ever seen on a smartphone and the Night mode for photos.
With the A13 Bionic chip , iPhone 11 has all the power it needs to perform the most complex operations, is able to cope with a whole day on a single charge , and does not fear even the weather, because it is designed to guarantee better water resistance .
iPhone 11 is available in six new beautiful colors , and can be ordered starting Friday, September 13th . In stores it will arrive on Friday 20 September with a cost starting from $699
IPhone 11 is the new generation of iPhone, with many new features in an incredible design, including the new wide-angle and ultra-wide-angle cameras for taking great photos and shooting fantastic videos, the power and ease of use of iOS 13, and A13 Bionic, the fastest chip ever seen on a smartphone, able to quickly handle the most common operations performed by people every day, “said Phil Schiller, Apple’s Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing. “Thanks to the perfect integration of hardware, software and services, the innovations of iPhone 11 offer even more customers an unparalleled user experience at an affordable price. We think people will love it. “
Extremely precise design and display
The back of the iPhone 11 is precisely machined from a single piece of glass, the most durable ever seen on a smartphone. It obtained an IP68 rating for water resistance up to 2 meters for 30 minutes, and is liquid-proof like coffee and other common drinks.
The beautiful 6.1 ″ Liquid Retina display, with an all-screen design and wide color gamut, uses True Tone technology for a more natural brightness that does not tire the eyes. Touch with haptic feedback is perfectly integrated in iOS 13 and allows customers to easily and quickly interact with their favorite apps and access the most used functions directly from the Home screen: to take a selfie with Camera, check appointments in Calendar or preview of a message in Mail simply press on the display.
A13 Bionic, the fastest chip on a smartphone
A13 Bionic, the fastest chip ever seen on a smartphone, provides unparalleled performance for every activity that iPhone 11 can handle, with a CPU and GPU 20% faster than the A12 chip. It is designed for machine learning, with a faster Neural Engine to analyze photos and videos in real time, and new Machine Learning Accelerators that allow the CPU to perform over 1000 billion operations per second.
Together, A13 Bionic and iOS 13 represent the best machine learning platform in a smartphone. In addition, A13 Bionic is designed to be efficient and allow the battery to last an entire day.
New dual camera system
iPhone 11 presents a new dual- camera system with wide – angle and ultra-wide-angle lenses integrated in iOS 13: it is the camera par excellence, with the best video quality ever seen on a smartphone and important improvements for photographs.
Shooting with iPhone 11 is incredibly sharp thanks to two wide-angle and ultra-wide-angle cameras compatible with 4K video with extended dynamic range, for more precise details and cinema-quality video stabilization. With the widest field of view and the large focal range of the ultra-wide-angle camera, users can shoot detailed action videos.
The dual camera system allows users to zoom easily between one camera and another , while with audio zoom, the audio volume also increases as the frame approaches, for a more dynamic effect. With iOS 13, powerful video editing tools are available to everyone to rotate, crop, increase exposure and apply filters instantly thanks to the new and intuitive interface of the Camera app.
With iPhone 11, the brand new ultra-wide-angle camera radically changes the way you take pictures, because it allows you to make shots four times wider , ideal for landscapes or architecture scenes, close-ups and more. A new wide-angle sensor with 100% Focus Pixels makes Night mode possible , which dramatically improves photos taken in poorly lit environments, both outdoors and indoors: images will be brighter, with natural colors and less digital noise. And both cameras work in sync to make portrait mode possible for shots with people, animals, objects and so much more.
The new generation Smart HDR uses an advanced machine learning system to capture images with a more natural look, with beautiful details in illuminated or shaded parts on the subject or in the background. In autumn, Deep Fusion will also arrive , a new image processing system made possible by the Neural Engine of the A13 Bionic chip. Deep Fusion uses advanced machine learning to process pixel by pixel photos, optimizing the texture, details and digital noise at each point.
The tight integration between Apple’s hardware and software has made it possible to redesign the camera interface, for a more engaging experience where users can view and capture the area outside the frame thanks to the dual camera system and to the all-screen display. With QuickTake , for the first time users can easily shoot videos without having to exit Photo mode: to start recording, just hold down the shutter button.
TrueDepth has been updated with a new 12MP camera with a wider field of view to capture more details in selfies, and the new generation Smart HDR allows you to take more natural looking photos. And the selfie videos will be as beautiful as ever with the TrueDepth camera, which now records 4K video at up to 60fps and slow-motion at 120 fps.
- For the first time on a smartphone, the new U1 chip designed by Apple uses Ultra Wideband technology to detect position in space . With iOS 13.1 coming up on September 30th, AirDrop improves further thanks to suggestions that take into account the direction.
- Face ID, the safest form of face authentication ever created for a smartphone, becomes 30% faster and easier to use, with improved performance at different distances and at multiple angles.
- The ‘ spatial audio provides experience total surround with Dolby Atmos offering powerful sound and effect on iPhone 11.
- Gigabit class and Wi-Fi 6 LTE technologies make even faster download speeds possible and Dual SIM with eSIM.
With iOS 13
iOS 13 on iPhone 11 allows perfect integration between software and hardware, which has no equal on other smartphones. iOS 13 creates a new, extraordinary look with Dark Mode , presents a more private way to log in to apps and websites with the “Sign in with Apple” option, and offers a completely new Maps browsing experience.
With the advanced functions for Camera and Photo, photo editing becomes even richer and more intuitive thanks to new and powerful tools that are now also available for video editing. Adjustments with Portrait Lighting can be performed directly in the Camera app to change the intensity of the light on the subject, and the new “High key b / w” effect gives a stunning black and white look to photos in Portrait mode.
Prices and availability
- iPhone 11 will be available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB models in purple, green, yellow, black, white and PRODUCT (RED), starting at € 839. Customers can also buy iPhone 11 with installments of € 26.20 per month or € 629 with the trade-in on apple.com , the Apple Store app or an Apple Store. iPhone 11 is also available from Apple Authorized Resellers and some telephone operators (prices may vary).
- Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 11 starting at 2.00pm on Friday 13 September, with availability starting Friday 20 September.
- Customers who wish to pay their iPhone in monthly installments, even by choosing the current device exchange or by participating in the iPhone Upgrade Program, can use the Apple Store app on their iPhone to receive pre-approval until 9:00 pm on Thursday 12 September, before the start of the pre-orders.
- iOS 13 will be available on September 19 as a free software update for iPhone 6s and later. Other software features will be available on September 30th with iOS 13.1.
- Apple Arcade on the App Store will be available with iOS 13 as a subscription for € 4.99 per month, with one month of free trial for the launch. Users will have unlimited access to the entire catalog of over 100 new exclusive games, all available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Apple TV.
- Apple TV + will be available on the Apple TV app on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod touch, Mac and other platforms, including online ( tv.apple.com ), for € 4.99 a month with seven days of free trial. Starting today, anyone who buys any iPhone model will get one year of free Apple TV +.
- Apple Arcade on the App Store and Apple TV + on the Apple TV app join Apple’s revolutionary services that already include Apple Music, Apple News +, Apple Pay and iCloud.
- Those who buy iPhone 11 from Apple will be offered free personal Setup in the store or online: a help to customize their iPhone and transfer data by deleting them from an old device, set up emails, find new apps on the App Store and discover many more what’s this.
- Those who want to know more about iPhone 11 can participate in a Quick Tip session, one of Today at Apple’s new features. These are 15-minute meetings focused on some of iPhone’s most popular features, such as photography. The new Quick Tip sessions will begin on Friday 20 September.