As widely expected, Apple unveiled during the keynote of WWDC17 also a new iPad Pro with 10.5 “display.
Apple today introduced the all-new 10.5 “iPad Pro and a new 12.9” model, with the most advanced display in the world with ProMotion technology and incredible performance through new chip A10x Fusion . The 10.5 “model reduces the edges by about 40% in order to create an incredibly compact design that weighs less than 500 grams. Thanks to the new features coming this fall with iOS 11, like the new File app, customizable Dock, an optimized multitasking and better integration of Apple Pencil with iPad Pro users will be more productive and creative.
“It is by far the most powerful iPad ever made, with displays most advanced in the world with ProMotion technology, the powerful new chip A10x Fusion and the Enhanced iPhone cameras 7,” said Greg Joswiak, Vice President of Product Marketing Apple. “Thanks to iOS these 11 new models will change radically the iPad usage scenarios for users.”
The most advanced display with ProMotion
The beautiful Pro iPad Retina display has been redesigned with ProMotion, a new technology with higher refresh rates up to 120Hz for an absolutely smooth scrolling, more responsiveness and smoother motion content. With ProMotion, Apple Pencil is even more reactive with a latency to the sector vertices of just 20 milliseconds, to draw in an even smoother and more natural. ProMotion also improves the quality of the display and reduces power consumption by automatically adjusting the refresh rate on the basis of the contents movements.
The advanced Retina display is the brightest display ever created by Apple for iPad and has an antireflective coating for a much better viewing outdoors and indoors. The True Tone system dynamically adjusts the white balance of the display according to the surrounding light for a more accurate and natural display. With a wide range of colors, iPad Pro offers color with a quality level of digital cinematography.
Breakthrough performance thanks to A10x Fusion chips
iPad Pro provides performance, exceptional connectivity and versatility to handle even the most demanding tasks. The powerful new Fusion chips A10x 64-bit offers snappier performance than most laptops on the market today, so it will be easy to edit photos, edit video in 4K, to render 3D images and playing video games. A 6-core CPU and a 12-core GPU ensure respectively CPU and graphics performance up to 30% and 40% faster than the already advanced A9X chips in the industry, maintaining the extraordinary range of one day.
iPad Pro is the perfect device to capture, edit and share photos and video of professional quality. It presents the advanced front and rear cameras of the iPhone 7, including a 12-megapixel camera with optical image stabilization, plus a 7 megapixel FaceTime HD camera. iPad Pro also integrates a four-speaker sound system, for rich stereo sound, clear and powerful in any orientation. Thanks to the Apple integrated SIM and support for Wi-Fi 802.11ac and LTE Advanced it easy to stay connected when traveling in over 180 countries and geographical areas.
The Touch ID on iPad Pro is even more responsive and allows users to unlock the device easily and safely, keep private their personal information in the app and authorize purchases on the App Store, iTunes Store, and iBooks Store. And with Apple iPad Pay, pay for goods and services directly from the app or on websites in Safari is easier than ever.
iOS 11 introduces powerful features for iPad
iOS 11, coming this fall, introduces powerful new features designed for the iPad, including:
- a new customizable Dock for quick access to apps from any screen and the most frequently consulted documents;
- a multitasking improved, with a switcher redesigned applications that brings the experience “Spaces” in IOS, to pass more easily from an app to another or from a pair of active app other, and now also in Split View Slide Over ;
- New Files app to keep everything in one place, whether it’s locally stored documents, iCloud Drive or through other providers like Box, Dropbox, etc .;
- drag and drop Multi-Touch, which is available at the system level, which allows you to move text, photos and other files from an app, anywhere on the screen;
- a new document scanner from notes, allowing you to easily scan documents to one or more pages, removes shadows and uses powerful image filters to optimize readability;
- greater integration with Apple Pencil, with support for the inclusion of drawings while writing a note in the Notes or a Mail message, the ability to annotate photos and screenshots quickly and easily sign documents, as well as a new feature that allows you to take Notes notes on the fly, opening the app from the lock screen when you touch the screen with Apple Pencil. With the ability to browse the handwritten notes it is now easy to find what you need even in texts and handwritten characters.
Apple Pencil, and Smart Keyboard
Apple Pencil, and Smart Keyboard, available for purchase separately, the iPad Pro lead levels of precision and extraordinary functionality. The evolved Apple Pencil sensors measure the pressure and the inclination for drawing experience, record and write naturally. The new Smart Keyboard standard size is designed to fit 10.5 “iPad Pro is a keyboard Slim and rugged design, which must not be recharged or synced via Bluetooth and which acts as a Smart Cover to protect the device.
Pricing and Availability
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro is available in silver, gray sidereal, rose gold and gold at a base price of € 739 for the 64GB model with Wi-Fi and € 899 for the 64GB model Wi-Fi + Cellular. 12.9-inch iPad Pro is available in silver, gray and gold sidereal at a base price of € 909 for the 64GB Wi-Fi model and € 1 069 for the 64GB model Wi-Fi + Cellular. For more information, visit apple.com/it/ipad .
- The new iPad Pro models can be ordered from now on Apple.it and customer deliveries will begin next week. Both models will be available next week in the Apple Store, through some telephone operators and Apple Authorized Resellers (prices may vary), in the United States and other 37 countries and regions, including Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Hong Kong, Italy, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Russia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. Later in the month will be added to the United Arab Emirates, India, Turkey and other countries and regions. In July, finally, we will join Brazil, South Korea, Mexico and other countries and regions.
- Apple Pencil is available at € 109. The Smart Keyboard is available in anthracite gray for € 179 for iPad Pro 10.5 inch and € 189 for Pro 12.9-inch iPad with layouts available for over 30 languages, including Simplified Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Spanish.
- A new Leather Sleeve is available in a variety of colors for both iPad Pro 10.5 inch and 12.9 inch € 149 and € 149 respectively. A new Apple Pencil Case is available in a variety of colors to € 35. The Smart Cover for iPad Pro is available in polyurethane and leather in a variety of colors for € 59 and € 85 for iPad Pro 10.5 inch and € 69 and € 95 for Pro 12.9 inch iPad at Apple.com and Apple Store.
- All customers who purchase an Apple iPad Pro is offered free Personal Setup service, in store or online, to help them become familiar with their Pro iPad through the mail setting, new app in the App Store and more .⁵
- Anyone who wants to start from the basics and progress to more advanced tasks with your Pro iPad can subscribe to the free sessions on apple.com/it/today .