As expected, today Apple has released to the public iOS 13.3 and iPadOS 13.3. These updates include bug fixes and performance improvements, as well as some new features and notable customization options.
Apple has released iOS 13.3 , the third major update of the iOS and iPadOS 13 operating systems . The new software updates arrive two weeks after the release of iOS / iPadOS 13.2.3 and more than a month after the launch of iOS 13.2, which brought new emojis.
The iOS and iPadOS 13.3 updates are available on all eligible devices via OTA in the Settings app. To access the updates, simply go to Settings> General> Software update.
iOS 13.3 continues to add features that had originally been promised for iOS 13 but were eventually eliminated during the beta test process, with the update introducing communication limits for time of use.
Communication limits allows parents to control who they are able to contact their children, with the functionality that covers FaceTime, Phone, Messages and iCloud Contacts.
Calls to emergency numbers are always allowed and, when done, they will deactivate the communication limits for 24 hours to ensure that children are safe and that they do not just communicate with people in an emergency.
The iOS 13.3 and “iPad” 13.3 updates offer support for NFC-compliant security keys, USB and Lightning FIDO2 in Safari. This means that physical security keys like YubiKey equipped with Lightning can be used for more secure two-factor authentication instead of a software-based two-factor authentication option.
In the Keyboards section of the Settings app (in General), there is a new switch that prevents the Animoji and Memoji stickers from being displayed as an option on the Emoji keyboard for those who prefer not to see the Animoji and Memoji sticker options.
When we edit a video, there is a new feature that allows us to save the modified version as a new clip instead of replacing the original, and Apple has also modified the icon of the Apple Watch app , changing the color of the digital crown to black to gray.
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements:
- Enable the creation of a new video clip when you crop a video in Photos
- Adds support for NFC-compliant security keys, USB and Lightning FIDO2 in Safari
- Resolves issues in Mail that may prevent new messages from being downloaded
- Addresses an issue that prevented the deletion of messages in Gmail accounts
- Resolves issues that may cause incorrect characters to appear in messages and duplicate messages sent to Exchange accounts
- Resolves an issue where the cursor may not move after long press on the space bar
- Resolves an issue that could cause screenshots to be blurred when sent via Messages
- Resolves an issue where trimming or using markup in screenshots may not be saved in “Photos”
- Resolves an issue where voice memo recordings may not be shareable with other audio apps
- Resolves an issue where the lost call badge on the Phone app may not be deleted
- Resolves an issue where the Cellular Data setting may be incorrectly disabled
- Resolves an issue that prevented dark mode from being disabled when Smart Invert was enabled
- Resolves an issue where some wireless chargers may charge more slowly than expected