Apple reveals best apps and the best games of 2019
Today Apple has revealed the best apps , the best games and the strongest trends that have driven the culture of apps in 2019. The apps help simplify our lives and express our creativity, get in touch with friends, with the family and with the outside world and, of course, also entertain us.
“Developers around the world inspire us with innovative apps that have the power to influence culture and change our lives, and this year is more true than ever. The winners of the App Store’s “Best Apps and Games 2019” reflect our global desire for human connection, creativity and leisure, “said Phil Schiller, Apple’s Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing. “We are excited to announce such a diverse group of winners of the App Store in 2019, demonstrating that exceptional design and creativity come from big developers as well as small ones, and from every corner of the world. We congratulate all the winners and we thank them for making 2019 the best year to date for the App Store.”
The best apps of 2019
- IPhone app of the year: Specter Camera (Lux Optics)
- IPad App of the Year: Flow by Moleskine (Moleskine)
- Mac App of the Year: Affinity Publisher (Serif Labs)
- Apple TV App of the Year: The Explorers (The Explorers Network)
- IPhone Game of the Year: Sky: Children of the Light (thatgamecompany)
- IPad Game of the Year: Hyper Light Drifter (Abylight SL)
- Mac Game of the year: GRIS (Devolver / Nomada Studio)
- Apple TV Game of the Year: Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap (DotEmu)
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: Sayonara Wild Hearts (Simogo)
With the App Store , Apple has created a worldwide app phenomenon that has revolutionized the way people work, connect, learn and play. The App Store is the engine of the app economy and has made developers around the world earn 120 billion dollars. Today, the App Store represents the safest and most vibrant marketplace in the world, with over half a billion people visiting it every week. Privacy, security, quality and ‘curation’ are fundamental for the App Store. Every app must respect and continue to follow the strict guidelines of Apple to be able to land and stay on the App Store.
To promote greater visibility, experts create rich editorial content every day and edit collections of the best apps. The App Store is the best place to explore the world of apps and is available on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, Apple TV and iMessage.