Find out how to clean AirPods, AirPods Pro and the charging case.
Many hoped that the AirPods Pro would arrive in black and white, but in the end only the typical color option of Apple’s wireless earphones was released. White, however, shows dirt and ear wax more easily.
Apple has updated its guide on cleaning AirPods Pro, including tips for cleaning ear tips.
How to clean AirPods and the charging case
Practical items include: cotton swab, dental floss, microfiber cloth, iso propyl alcohol.
- Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
- Be careful not to allow liquids to enter the openings.
- Clean the metal mesh of the microphone and the speakers with a dry cotton pad.
- Remove any debris from the metal mesh with a dry and clean soft bristle brush.
- Do not use sharp objects or abrasive materials to clean AirPods and EarPods.
AirPods Pro Tips
- Use a clean, dry microfibre cloth or cotton swab to clean the exterior
- To clean them thoroughly, pull the silicone tips firmly to remove them
- Rinse with fresh water (Apple says to skip do not use soap and / or other cleaners)
- Dry with a clean cloth
- Push them back into place until you hear a click (make sure the oval shape is aligned)
Clean the charging case with a microfibre cloth. If necessary, slightly moisten the cloth with a solution of 70% isopropyl alcohol. Be careful not to allow liquids to enter the charging ports.
- Remove any debris from the Lightning connector with a dry and clean soft bristle brush.
- Do not use abrasive materials to clean the charging case.
- To avoid damaging the metal contacts, do not insert anything into the charging ports.