Apple said the iPhone 11 Pro has the best display I’ve ever produced, the Super Retina XDR display, which sets new records.
DisplayMate released its highly detailed review and awarded the Super Retina XDR of Apple the ” highest grade A + ever ” and was awarded the ” Best Smartphone Display Award “.
The award for the iPhone 11 Pro comes after Apple’s success last year with its iPhone XS. This year, the display enhancements provided with the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max include new brightness level records that offer users up to 1,200 nits and more.
The Super Retina XDR display boasts not one but two new record levels of brightness and understands when to use them. It reaches 800 nits when you’re out in the sun – great for taking and making selections on the go – and up to 1200 nits when you’re viewing content at extreme dynamic range. It’s like having an XDR Pro Display on your iPhone.
DisplayMate has noticed these results and has also highlighted many other aspects that make the Super Retina XDR display reach the top marks in the smartphone category.
The iPhone 11 Pro Max combines or sets new smartphone display performance records for:
It should be noted that the numerical performance differences that are visually indistinguishable are considered combined and linked performance registrations.
- Maximum absolute colour accuracy (0.9 JNCD) – Visually indistinguishable from perfect.
- The smallest shift in colour accuracy with the APL image content (0.3 JNCD): visually indistinguishable from perfect.
- Maximum brightness in full screen for OLED smartphones (770 nits for 100% APL and 821 nits for 50% APL).
- Maximum evaluation of full-screen contrast in ambient light (171 to 100% APL).
- Maximum HDR peak brightness of 1,290 nits for standard HDR 20% APL and 1,090 nits for full screen white with 100% APL.
- Higher contrast ratio (infinite).
- Minimum reflection of the screen (4.5 percent).
- Minimum brightness variation with viewing angle (25% at 30 degrees).
- Maximum visible screen resolution 2.7K (2688 × 1242) – 4K does not appear visually sharper on a smartphone.
Find out more about how DisplayMate performed tests on the new Super Retina XDR display for iPhone 11 Pro.