Apple today unveiled iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max , a new iPhone Pro line with advanced performance, designed for users who want the best smartphone of all time. The new Super Retina XDRscreen is a Pro display, the brightest ever seen on an iPhone.
The powerful A13 Bionic chip designed by Apple ensures extraordinary performance and unparalleled battery life. A new triple-camera system with ultra-wide angle, wide angle and telephoto lens offers a Pro level experience,
for always perfect photos even in low light conditions and recordings of the highest quality, especially for action videos.
iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max in four fantastic finishes, including the new night green color, will be available for pre – order starting from Friday 13 September and in the stores from Friday 20 September.
IPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max are the most advanced and powerful smartphones we’ve ever made. They are equipped with cutting-edge technologies that can be trusted by both professionals and all other users who want the best device ever, ”said Phil Schiller, Apple’s Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing. “IPhone 11 Pro has the first triple camera system introduced on an iPhone and is by far the best camera we’ve ever created, as well as offering a wide range of creative controls and advanced features for photos and videos thanks to iOS 13. The Super Retina XDR screen is the most advanced and bright display ever seen on an iPhone, while the A13 Bionic chip further raises the bar in terms of smartphone performance and autonomy. “
Design and display Pro
With an opaque glass back surface and a polished stainless steel frame, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max are available in four beautiful finishes, including the new night green color . The most powerful devices of all time are also incredibly resistant: for iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max, the toughest glass ever used in a smartphone was used; moreover, they have an IP68 rating , so they can dive up to 4 meters for a maximum of 30 minutes and are more protected against the splashes of the most common liquids, such as coffee drops and other drinks.
The new Super Retina XDR display is a custom designed OLED to offer users an immersive HDR viewing experience, ideal for movies and other HD videos, with a brightness of up to 1200 nits . The Super Retina XDR screen supports a wide color gamut, with system-level color management, and True Tone technology, for a more natural viewing experience. With a contrast of 2,000,000: 1 and absolute blacks , Pro users will be able to count on a more vivid viewing experience in HDR photos and videos; in addition, the Super Retina XDR display offers superior energy efficiency. Customers will be able to interact with their favorite apps quickly and intuitively thanks to touch with haptic feedback integrated in iOS 13, and take a selfie in Camera, check an appointment in Calendar or see a preview of a message in Mail directly from the Home screen with a simple press.
Even faster performance with a lot more autonomy
The A13 Bionic chip of the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max is the fastest ever integrated in a smartphone and ensures amazing performance, with CPU and GPU up to 20% faster than the A12 chip . Designed for machine learning, it includes a more responsive Neural Engine for real-time analysis of photos and videos, as well as new machine learning accelerators, which allow the CPU to perform over 1000 billion operations per second . The synergy between the A13 Bionic chip and iOS 13 gives life to the best machine learning platform enclosed in a smartphone.
The performance for processing, graphics and automatic learning do not affect the battery life, which is on the contrary higher: iPhone 11 Pro offers up to four hours more battery life than iPhone Xs, while iPhone 11 Pro Max offers up to five hours more than iPhone Xs Max.
Pro camera system
iPhone 11 Pro introduces a revolutionary triple camera system with ultra-wide angle, wide angle and telephoto lens , integrated in iOS to offer all users a Pro level experience.
iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max set a new standard for video recording, with the highest quality ever seen on a smartphone. Each camera in the system records stunning 4K videos with an extended dynamic range and cinema level stabilization. With a wider field of view and a higher focal plane, the ultra-wide angle is perfect for action videos. The three cameras offer users a continuous zoom function , while audio zoommakes the audio coincide with the shots, for a more dynamic sound. With iOS 13, everyone has access to powerful video editing tools, to rotate, cut, increase exposure and apply filters instantly. Thanks to the possibility of making and displaying all these adjustments at a glance, even inexperienced users will be able to create professional quality video projects.
Thanks to the perfect integration of hardware and software, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max revolutionize the photographic experience as only Apple can. The new ultra-wide-angle lens allows you to frame a scene four times larger, for stunning photos of landscapes or architectural elements but also for first-rate images. The new wide-angle sensor, with 100% Focus Pixels and advanced software, supports Night mode and significantly improves photos taken indoors or outdoors in poorly lit environments, for brighter images with less noise and natural colors.
Thanks to the triple camera system, the Portrait mode now allows you to choose between wide-angle and telephoto shots, with a wider field of view ideal for portraying more subjects. The telephoto lens has a diaphragm with 2.0 / 2.0 aperture to capture 40% more light than the iPhone Xs, for even more beautiful photos and videos.
The new Smart HDR function of the latest generation uses advanced machine learning technologies to recognize framed subjects and calibrate light intelligently, so as to obtain more natural photos with a higher level of detail. The new True Tone flash is more than 30% brighter . Deep Fusion , available in the fall, is an innovative image processing system supported by the Neural Engine of the A13 Bionic chip. Use advanced machine learning technologies to process pixel by pixel photos and optimize texture, detail and noise in each section of the image.
The camera interface has been redesigned to offer a more immersive and engaging experience; thanks to the perfect synergy with the triple camera system and the all-screen display, users will be able to view and capture even the area outside the frame. Moreover, for the first time, they will be able to record videos without leaving the photo mode: thanks to QuickTake it will be sufficient to hold down the shutter button to start recording.
The new TrueDepth system introduces a 12MP camera with a wider field of view for taking selfies, while the innovative Smart HDR feature allows for more natural photos. Video-selfies will be even more expressive thanks to the TrueDepth front camera that now records 4K movies up to 60 fps and slow motion up to 120 fps.Video Player
- The new U1 chip designed by Apple uses Ultra Wideband technology for spatial recognition on a smartphone for the first time. With iOS 13.1, available from September 30th, AirDrop is improved with suggestions based on direction recognition.
- Face ID, the safest form of face authentication ever created for a smartphone, is up to 30% faster and even easier to use, with superior performance at varying distances and support for even more angles.
- Spatial audio offers an immersive surround experience, while Dolby Atmos ensures powerful and dynamic sound on iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max.
- Gigabit class LTE technologies up to 1.6Gbps and Wi-Fi 6 offer higher speeds in download and dual SIM with eSIM.
iOS 13 on iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max ensures a perfect hardware and software integration experience like no other smartphone. iOS 13 takes on a decidedly new look thanks to the Dark mode, offers an even safer and more private way to access websites and apps with the Log in with Apple feature and gives you a whole new experience in Maps.
Thanks to the advanced Camera and Photo functions, image editing is even more complete and intuitive, with new tools that now also include video editing. With the Portrait lighting function you can apply adjustments directly in the Camera app, to vary the intensity of the light on a specific subject, while the new High key light effect b / n gives a splendid monochromatic look to the photos taken in Portrait mode.
Prices and availability
- iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max will be available in 64GB, 256GB and 512GB models in night green, sidereal gray, silver and gold, with a price starting at € 1,189 and € 1,289, respectively. Customers will also be able to purchase iPhone 11 Pro with a monthly fee of € 36.62 or at a price of € 879 in case of exchange and the Phone 11 Pro Max with a monthly fee of € 40.79 or at a price of € 979 in trade-in case, on apple.com , via the Apple Store app and in the Apple Store. iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max are also available from Apple Authorized Resellers and some operators (prices may vary).
- Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max starting at 2:00 pm on Friday 13 September; the devices will be available starting Friday, September 20th.
- Customers who wish to purchase iPhones by paying a monthly fee, including users who decide to exchange the current device or to use the iPhone Upgrade Program, can use the Apple Store app on their iPhone to get pre-approval until 9 pm: 00 (PDT) on Thursday 12 September, before the start of preorders for iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max.
- iOS 13 will be available on September 19 as a free software update for iPhone 6s and later models. Other software features will be available on September 30th with iOS 13.1.
- Apple Arcade on the App Store will be available with iOS 13 as a one month free trial and then through a subscription of € 4.99 per month. Users can get unlimited access to the entire catalog of over 100 new exclusive games, supported by iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Apple TV.
- Apple TV + will be available in the Apple TV app on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod touch, Mac and other platforms, including online ( tv.apple.com ), as a seven-day free trial and then at a price of € 4, 99 per month. Starting today, customers who buy iPhones will enjoy Apple TV + for free for a year.
- Apple Arcade on the App Store and Apple TV + in the Apple TV app go to enrich the vast range of revolutionary Apple services, which includes Apple Music, Apple News +, Apple Pay and iCloud.
- Customers who buy iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max from Apple will be able to take advantage of the free personal Setup service in store or online, which will help them personalize their iPhone, transfer data, delete them from the old device, configure email, download new apps from the App Store and much more.
- Customers who want more information on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro can participate in one of the new Today at Apple sessions, Tips and Tricks. These are 15 minute open sessions focused on some of the most popular iPhone features, such as photography. The new Tricks and Tips sessions will start on Friday 20 September.