The most advanced iPhone ever has a 5.8 “and 6.5” all-screen design with a powerful A12 Bionic chip and a revolutionary dual camera system.
Today Apple has announced iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, the most advanced iPhone ever, and has opened a new era in the future of smartphones. iPhone XS 5.8 “and iPhone XS Max 6.5” have spectacular Super Retina display, an improved and faster dual camera system that offers revolutionary features for photos and video, the first 7-nanometer chip in a smartphone, namely the A12 chip Bionic with Neural Engine of the latest generation, faster Face ID function, wider stereo sound, a new and fantastic gold color, and for the first time the dual SIM on iPhone. iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max can be pre-ordered starting Friday, September 14th and will be available in stores starting Friday, September 21st.
iPhone XS contains the latest technology and represents a huge step forward for the future of smartphones. Everything is at the forefront, like the brand new 7-nanometer Bionic A12 chip with eight-core Neural Engine, a faster Face ID function and an advanced dual camera system that takes photos in Portrait mode with Smart HDR and dynamic depth of field “Said Philip Schiller, Apple’s Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing. “iPhone XS is not one, but two new models of iPhone together, and iPhone Xs Max has the largest display ever seen on an iPhone with the biggest battery ever created for an iPhone, which offers up to an hour and a half of extra autonomy. ”
Two all-screen designs
iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max offer the all-screen design of iPhone X and even clearer displays with a pixel density never seen on an Apple device. Now available in 5.8 “and 6.5” formats, 1 this Super Retina displays with custom-made OLED design support Dolby Vision and HDR10 and have color management at the level of the iOS system for unparalleled loyalty in the industry. iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max offer a contrast of 1 million to 1 with exceptional brightness and absolute blacks and a wider dynamic range of 60%. iPhone XS Max offers an even more immersive experience with over 3 million pixels for videos, movies, and games, as well as the largest display ever seen on an iPhone in a format similar to the iPhone 8 Plus.
In addition to the silver and gray sidereal colors, the robust stainless steel profile is now also available in gold. Larger stereo playback creates a more enveloping sound. Both the screen and the back are made of the toughest glass ever seen on a smartphone, with improved scratch resistance and faster wireless charging. iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max reach a new level of resistance to splashes and water, with an IP68 rating of up to 2 meters for 30 minutes, and offer protection from drops of coffee, tea, and other drinks.
A12 Bionic and Neural Engine of the latest generation
Apple’s Bionic A12 chip is the smartest and most powerful chip ever seen on a smartphone, is the first 7-nanometer and offers industry-leading performance in an even more energy-efficient design. A12 Bionic has a six-core Fusion architecture with two high-performance cores up to 15% more snappy, four high-efficiency cores up to 50% more efficient, a four-core GPU up to 50% faster, a powerful processor ISP (Image Signal Processor) designed by Apple, a video encoder and much more. A fast storage controller can provide storage capacity of up to 512GB on iPhone. All of this opens the door to new experiences for games, photography, video editing and graphics apps. Despite its incredible power, iPhone XS offers 30 minutes more battery life than iPhone X,
The latest generation Neural Engine has been designed for the use of sophisticated machine learning technologies in every field, from photography to augmented reality. A new eight-core design makes it possible to complete up to 5000 billion operations per second compared to the 600 billion A11 Bionic chip, expanding the range of possibilities, including faster plane detection for ARKit and new functions that use machine learning in real time. For the first time, the Neural Engine is open to the Core ML framework, which allows developers to create apps that use this high-efficiency machine learning engine. Core ML on the Neural Engine of the A12 Bionic chip is up to nine times faster than on the A11 Bionic chip, with a power consumption of one tenth.
The revolutionary 12MP dual camera system
iPhone Xs continues to introduce innovations in the field of photography, things impossible before the iPhone. Functions such as enhanced depth segmentation using the Neural Engine, Smart HDR for creating photos with a wide dynamic range and incredible detail, a sophisticated bokeh effect for photos in portrait mode and a dynamic depth of field that can be adjusted from the user in the Photos app: they are huge improvements in cutting-edge photographic techniques that everyone can use.
The dual 12MP camera system has dual optical image stabilization with 2x optical zoom and a new twice-faster sensor. Smart HDR creates photos with more highlights and more detailed shadows. The larger and deeper pixels improve image fidelity and performance in low light conditions.
The advanced depth segmentation in Portrait mode allows you to shoot more sophisticated photo portraits with a bokeh effect of professional quality. With the new depth control, users can dynamically adjust the depth of field in the Photos app in both the real-time preview3 and after capture to create portraits with stunning background blurring. Portrait mode with Depth Control is also available for the SelfDepth selfie camera, which includes Memoji support and faster face detection for other developers’ ARKit apps.
iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max offer a quality video capture never seen on a smartphone. Larger pixels and a larger, faster sensor result in improved video stabilization and performance in low light conditions, as well as the extended dynamic range for more detailed shadows and highlights in video modes up to 30 frames per second. Using the four integrated microphones, users can also record stereo sounds to create videos of the highest quality.
With iOS 12
iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max include iOS 12, the world’s most advanced mobile operating system. iOS 12 introduces new AR experiences, helps users rediscover and share photos, and makes communications more expressive and fun with new Animoji and Memoji. “Usage Time” is a feature that helps users understand and control how much time they spend using their iOS devices, Siri’s quick commands allow any app to work with Siri and new privacy features help protect users from tracking on the web.
Prices and availability
- iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max will be available in 64GB, 256GB and 512GB models in sidereal gray, silver and in the new gold color starting from € 1.189 (VAT included) and € 1,289 (VAT included), respectively, on apple.com , in the Apple Store app and in the Apple Stores, as well as through Apple Authorized Resellers and some operators (prices may vary).
- Customers will be able to pre-order the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max starting Friday, September 14th, available from Friday, September 21st, in over 30 countries and territories, including Saudi Arabia, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, United Arab Emirates, Finland, France, Germany, Japan, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Ireland, Isle of Man, US Virgin Islands, Italy, Jersey, Luxembourg, Mexico, Norway, New Zealand, Netherlands, Portugal, Puerto Rico, United Kingdom, Singapore, Spain, United States, Sweden, Switzerland and Taiwan .
- iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max will be available in over 25 countries and territories, including Andorra, Armenia, Bahrain, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Greenland, India, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania , Malta, Monaco, Oman, Poland, Qatar, Czech Republic, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa and Hungary from Friday 28 September.
- The Apple accessories, including the leather and silicone cases in various colors, will be available from € 45 , while the Folio leather case for iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max will be available for € 119.
- With Apple GiveBack , customers can trade in their device: if they are eligible, they will receive an Apple Store gift card in return. 6 If the device does not give you a credit, Apple will recycle it for free.
- Each customer who buys the iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max from Apple will be offered free Personal Setup at the Apple Store or online, so you can easily customize your iPhone, configure the email, discover new App Store apps and more.
- Those who want to learn more about the features of iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or iOS 12 can subscribe to the free Today at Apple sessions at apple.com/it/today.