After 6 beta versions, available for developers and public beta testers, Apple has released iOS 11.4 for all users with an iPhone and/or iPad that support this version. Here are all the changes introduced by the operating system update.
The update has a total weight of about 306.5 MB (on iPhone X ) and you can download it now via OTA ( in a moment we will also add links for download from mac / pc )
iOS 11.4 provides support for the stereo pairs of HomePod, introduces the “Messages on iCloud” feature and includes AirPlay 2 which, among other innovations, also supports the multi-audio audio option. The update also includes further improvements and bug fixes.
- Control your home audio system and AirPlay 2 compatible speakers.
Simultaneously sync music on different AirPlay 2 compatible home speakers.
- Use AirPlay 2 compatible speakers from the Control Center, the lock screen, or the built-in AirPlay controls of different apps on your iPhone or iPad.
- Use Siri to control AirPlay 2 compatible speakers from iPhone, iPad, HomePod or Apple TV.
- Answer a call or play on iPhone and iPad without interrupting playback of content on AirPlay 2 compatible speakers.
Stereo couples of HomePod
- The update allows you to configure a stereo pair of HomePod using iPhone or iPad.
The HomePod stereo pair automatically detects your position in the room and balances the sound according to where the speakers are located.
Thanks to the advanced beamforming technology, capable of orienting the audio signal in a certain direction, the update provides better sound performance than a traditional stereo pair.
To support stereo pairs, HomePod automatically performs the update unless the automatic update option has been disabled on the Home app.
Messages on iCloud
- The option allows you to save messages, photos and other attachments to iCloud and free up space on your device.
- The option allows you to view all messages when you log in using the same iMessage account on a new device.
- The messages and conversations you delete will instantly be removed from all your devices.
- To activate “Messages on iCloud”, enable the option under Settings> [user name]> iCloud.
- Conversations are encoded via end-to-end encryption.
Further improvements and error corrections
- Allows teachers to assign their students reading activities on iBooks through the Schoolwork app.
- Resolves an issue where, with some character sequences, the Messages app could close unexpectedly.
- Resolves an issue with the Messaging app so some messages may not appear in the correct order.
- Resolves a Safari issue that could prevent you from logging in or accessing files on Google Drive, Google Docs, and Gmail.
- Resolves an issue that could prevent the correct synchronization of Health app data.
- Resolves an issue that prevented users from modifying apps to access health data.
- Resolves an issue where apps were viewed in incorrect locations on the Home screen.
- Resolves an issue where CarPlay’s audio may be distorted.
- Resolves an issue where, on some vehicles, playing music via Bluetooth or USB, it was not possible to select songs from the iPhone.
For information on the security content of this update, go to the website: